Monday, July 16, 2018

P's Picks of The Week For July 16-22

P's Picks of The Week For July 16-22


Deal of the Week: Nashville Burgerweek, July 16-22 in Nashville. Restaurants are offering $5 burgers. If you click on the link below you will see the places that are participating in Nashville Burger week.  Also click on the logo for address, the burger offered and hours of operations.  One of my favorite burgers in Nashville Rotier's the frenchbread burger is on there and I had my one today.  


Nashville Burger Week Places




Ted Talk You Should Watch: This Ted Talk is under 10 minutes but words I need to hear. The world needs to be a little more "Childish".  

What Adults Can Learn From Kids



Bible Verse I Am Thinking About:  1 John 4.4 
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.  


Podcast I Am Listening Too: Read to Lead Podcast by Jeff Brown.   This podcast is good and bad.  Good in the sense that it will enlighten you, make you grow and become a valuable resource. Bad in the sense that I now have a book wish list a lot longer since listening to this podcast. 

Read To Lead Podcast



My Picture of the Week:

A view of the sunset from 42nd street is seen during "Manhattanhenge" on July 12, 2018, in New York City.
Atilgan Ozdil / Anadolu Agency / Getty



This Week in History:  July 20 1969  
Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin become the first men to walk on the moon.



Birthday of The Week:   Robin Williams        Born July 19, 1952- Died August 11, 2014

Patch Adams is still one of my favorite movies,  just like everyone Robin had some demons and a sickness in his life.  It caused him to feel hopeless.  Robin took his own life way to soon. 

Patch Adams Movie Trailer



And, as always, please give me feedback on Twitter or Facebook. Which Pick above is your favorite? What do you want more or less of? Other suggestions? Let me know! Just @mikep11 and put #P'spicks at the end so I can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment